Many countries legalized the production of Cannabis in their states. You can buy weed and sell weed under some regulations. Canada is one of them. Canada’s main motive to legalize weed is to control the production, sale, and distribution of ganja across Canada. Their government has the goal of.
- Distance from Cannabis and its products.
- Keep criminals away from the Cannabis business
- Health and safety is topic of concern for adults
What is legal for Canada: –
The act of legalization of weed in Canada is approved on 17 October 2018 and it has some clauses which the Canadian public needs to follow. Canadian government approves this act only for adults 18 years or older.
- You can only make 30 grams of Cannabis product which can be dried or can be equivalent.
- Adults can buy weed up to 30 grams only
- Only licensed distributors or retailers can sell ganja in dried or fresh form.
- For personal use, you can grow only 4 plants which it is also from legalized seeds.
- If you make eating products of ganja you cannot sell them in an online dispensary or direct to the public without a license. If it’s so you should only use an organic solvent.
Cannabis act’s possession limit
Only dried cannabis is involved in this Cannabis act. And its limits are
If you are having one gram of dried Cannabis. This limit is equal to
- 5 grams (fresh cannabis)
- 15 gram (edibles)
- 70gram (the liquid form of products)
- 1 weed plant seed.
These all are applied only for 18 or older than 18 years’ adults.
Medical industry: –
In the field of medical, only company is allowed to sale and buy weed for medical purpose. So there is a special authorization for the field of healthcare. They have access to Cannabis production for online dispensary and medical purposes only.
Distance it from youth: –
Canadian government gives extra care and concern to this point to protect youth from selling and buy weed. And put some restrictions on adults too. It has been many years using Cannabis and now the Canadian government it took this topic to concern and pot Cannabis business to the mainstream but with some restrictions. So that it can make employment to their public and profit also so to public and government both. People who are not eligible to buy weed can buy weed before this act but now it is not possible for the underage public. Which is a good achievement for the Canadian government.
The concern of public health: –
Canadian government put many efforts to make Cannabis business in the mainstream with all regulations and restrictions. Education to the public on the topic of ganja so that they can be healthy for the environment. There are many steps taken by the Canadian government for public health like
- Put restrictions on the criminal activity of Cannabis
- Education of public on weed
- Proper packaging and labeling of legalized products made of Cannabis
- Ban illegal ingredients for Cannabis products
- Selected Cannabis product for sale.
- Limit of use and production.